Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weight in Gold

We carry the weight of the world on our shoulders. We weigh ourselves to measure perfection or lack thereof.  Each day brings a new form of measurement and weighing.  Weighing options, weighing severity of a situation, the thoughts of friends and family, their concerns and happiness.  Today I am grateful for every last bit of weight I carry, both the physical and emotional kind.  For this means I am alive and well enough to do so. Every once in a while I get reminded of this by becoming aware of someone else's suffering or understanding the true weight of someone else's world.  And it is during those times that I have to stop and remember how truly lucky I am to be healthy, happy, and whole.  To be blessed with a loving husband, wonderful children, and supportive family and friends.  This is all worth its weight in gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment