Friday, January 21, 2011

Running On

Slowly, ever so slowly..I am getting back my stride.  My running is like starting all over again.  Running a mile is easier than the very first one I attempted almost two years ago, but still much harder than it should be.  It is amazing how quickly your strength and health decline when you stop exercising.  I vow, before the internet universe and the blogoshpere, I WILL not go backwards again.  I WILL NOT gain the weight back when I lose it.  I WILL keep running.

Yesterday I ran for about 20 minutes on the treadmill and my daughter set up her baby's swing and a mat behind it and pretended it was her treadmill and ran along side me.  I forgot this part of it.  Inspiring my children's health and well-being.  Setting them up to be successful with managing weight in the future because exercise will be so a part of their normal lives.  Something that they actually want to do.  This is another great focus towards accomplishing my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment