Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Creatively Challenged Storm

I have missed some time on the treadmill.  I am awaiting a storm- a whopping 13-17 inches is predicted for this area. I am facing the day-to-day challenges head on but not always with a clear head.  But one thing I promised myself I would do would be continue to write.  Even a little something, each and every day.  Well, oops, I missed a day.  And that's OK.  Because I was creative in my thoughts and dreams.  I just never got around to getting it "on blog".

So here, some creativity to spring forward as the lion of winter creeps in. Not the  best for sure, I promise I have written better in my day, but damn, I miss writing poetry...

Winter
Solitude and solace unbound
I care not for the riches that I've found
Scarcely goes the river under ground
Permitting crossing over to have found
my worth that is pennies over pounds
unto my solitude and solace unbound

Waiting for the Storm
The news predicts and prepares
for inches of snow and standstill.
We all alter life and plans
to suit snowbanks and winter discomforts.
Think nothing of what you were to do,
think only of what comes next,
hold your breath for the first of the fall,
that which will halt all our plans and preparations.
Whose wedding do you disrupt dear storm?
Whose anniversary dinner does your parking ban upend?
You think not of those who must brave through the highways and roads to get on with the jobs and the day
Nature and nothing come together to remind us
stay in, stay put, stay frozen for a moment
We will hold our roost until you are ready for us to come out,
to shiver and shovel and brave you dear storm.
Dear winter some days we are happy to see you...

No comments:

Post a Comment