Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Book of Resolutions

I begin my Mom in Modification journey by listing out my 2011 resolutions otherwise known as my wish list of personal improvement projects.  Many of these are typical and have carried over from the previous year like unused vacation days at work.  And then there are some long-forgotten, some Oprah-inspired, friend, and fellow-blogger inspired etc. I will go off this list throughout the year and hope to cross a nice big old line through each and every one. They are in no specific order, and I am sure I will add and (hopefully not) take some away. But even if I can address parts of some, I will be happy.  And so begins the journey...

1.    Re-learn French and visit and French Canadian city in reward (Quebec or Montreal).
2.    Use the treadmill at least 3x a week.
3.    Follow Weight Watchers again and lose the 20 pounds I gained back in 2010.
4.    Take my GREs and apply to grad school.
5.    Sell our house.
6.    Buy a new one.
7.    Stop complaining so much (Reading "A Complaint Free World: How to Stop Complaining and Start   Enjoying the Life You Always Wanted" by Will Bohen and am taking the 21-day challenge).
8.    Reconnect with friends on a regular basis.
9.    Enjoy wine on special occasions and maybe a weekend night but do it more rarely.
10.  Find a new passion.
11.  Write something personal or creative every day.
12.  Say a nice thing to my husband every day- compliment him more.
13.  Work hard on "Scream-Free Parenting".  Breathing before reacting.  Remembering that they do what they do for a reason.
14.  Continue to volunteer, find an organization to throw my whole family into supporting.  We are not religious, so this should be our church, our community.
15.  Find the joy in cooking and bring it to our table.
16.  Decorate a room fully and completely, with forethought and statement and love.
17.  Never miss a thank you note, an important birthday or occasion of a loved one, or the chance to tell them how I feel.
18.  Go on a family vacation, to a beach, on a plane.
19.  Ski with confidence and give that to my children.
20.  Find physical and mental strength that is better than it has ever been and hold on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment