Monday, January 3, 2011

Day One: Every Little Bit Counts to Happiness

I took an extra vacation day after the holiday today.  A day for ME.  I ran a mile on the treadmill this morning.  Not much but all I had time for and a step towards meeting  resolution #2.  I met a friend for lunch (a little of #9), went shopping, and got my hair cut and dyed.  I took some Christmas money splurged on a new handbag from J. Crew that my friend had also purchased.  I LOVE it.  And I did it with little to no guilt. 

I am writing (take that #11), and all of these things made me happier.  Speaking of becoming happier.  What I am doing has been done before.  Done successfully and done right into a best-selling book.  Author Gretchen Rubin lived a full, happy life but thought there were small things she could do to increase her overall well-being and happiness.  She did so and chronicled it all in a book called "The Happiness Project".  She is now starting a campaign for 2011 for others to do the same.  The 2011 Happiness Challenge. Each month, she will propose an area of life to tackle, and suggest manageable resolutions to help boost your happiness. Although I already have my own list of resolutions, I think this will be a welcome addition to the roster.  I have taken it, will you?

And check out her blog.  There is great advice, like the article on tips for sticking with your resolutions.  I read this and realize I might need to get more specific on some of mine to help achieve them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment