Monday, January 3, 2011

Start Sweating the Small Stuff

I have some lofty goals set for myself for 2011.  When I am falling asleep at night I find myself thinking about all the 'To Do's" of tomorrow.  They are almost always overwhelming and I realize that I become absolutely paralyzed with fear and end up not doing any of them.  This is the song of my life and the title is 'Procrastination'.  I think my small January goal to help me win in many areas of my life is to start to compartmentalize all of my chores and do the ones I enjoy the least first.  Like paying bills, going through receipts, and becoming more mindful of what I spend.  I think that I can achieve these small things if I put my mind to it.  As I take the 21-day no complaining challenge, why not also pack in a few other things to turn them into new habits as well?

So tonight I sat down and went through all my receipts and made some piles to file.  Step two- tomorrow night I will open up that wonderful home budget spreadsheet I downloaded from Scribd.com and will input our monthly expenses.  I will then set this as a reminder to do the first Tuesday in February.  One Tuesday a month.  Just one simple hour aside to do it, and with some of those 'To Do's' scratched off my mental list, likely a restful sleep to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment